Document Type : Original Research Manuscripts
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Business Management, Abhar Branch, Islamic Azad University, Abhar, Iran
Assistant Professor, Department of Management, Payame Noor University (PNU), Tehran Branch, Tehran, Iran
This research aims to provide an information system based on virtual currency data in the banking industry in Iran. Data is one of the most significant assets of the organization. This research is applied in terms of purpose. The population includes university professors in marketing and experts, including managers of the banking industry. Sampling in the qualitative section was done purposefully, and the criteria of expertise were at least a graduate degree and ten-year of relevant work experience. Finally, 20 people were selected as samples. The method used is SWARA's quantitative prioritization method. The index of using virtual currency in Iran's sanctions situation (Q67) with a weight of 0.12 is the first. The index of entrepreneurial acceleration based on the new payment system (Q56) with a weight of 0.11 is the second priority. The index of general uncertainty about the nature of virtual currencies (Q16) with a weight of 0.09 is the third priority. The index of improving communication and interactions between customers and the bank (Q63) with a weight of 0.0859 is the fourth priority. The index of alignment of banking processes with global standards (Q61) with a weight of 0.07 is the fifth priority. Extracting useful information from the database and converting it into actionable results is the main challenge that companies face. Therefore, results show that one of the ways to the success of cryptocurrencies is the use of data-oriented information systems and data mining techniques. The data-oriented information system is one of the recent developments in data management technologies.
- Abdulriza, M. S., Kareem, H. M., & Ayali, A. K. (2022). Electronic banking settlement systems and their role in enhancement banking efficiency “An applied study in the Iraqi Commercial and Commercial Bank of Baghdad”. Warith Scientific Journal, 4(9).
- Agha Mohammadi, A., Ohadi, F. & Sigheli, M. (2019). Estimating the risk of investing in a digital currency portfolio and optimizing it using the value at risk method. Financial Knowledge of Securities Analysis, 5(2), 17-31. [in Persian]
- Aghanouri Kopaei, A., Karimi, A. & Hashem Nia, S. (1400). Presenting a model to identify the challenges of virtual currencies in the marketing of Iran's banking industry. Bi Quarterly Journals of Public Accounting, 8: 15: 153-172. [in Persian]
- Akcora, C. G., Gel, Y. R., & Kantarcioglu, M. (2022). Blockchain networks: Data structures of Bitcoin, Monero, Zcash, Ethereum, Ripple, and Iota. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, 12(1), e1436. https://doi.org/10.1002/widm.1436
- Ang, M. T., & Chow, Y. P. (2022). Influence of virtual currency development and investor attention on financial stocks’ value: evidence from selected Asian equity markets. Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, (ahead-of-print). https://doi.org/10.1108/JFRC-01-2022-0007
- Askarzadeh, G., & Dehghanizadeh, N. (2017). Investigating the risk of investing in digital currencies in Iran's stock market, the first national conference on management and economics with a resistance economy approach, Mashhad, Payam Noor Khorasan Razavi University. [in Persian]
- Bouri, E., Gil‐Alana, L. A., Gupta, R., & Roubaud, D. (2019). Modelling long memory volatility in the Bitcoin market: Evidence of persistence and structural breaks. International Journal of Finance & Economics, 24(1), 412-426. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijfe.1670
- Caporale, G. M., Gil-Alana, L., & Plastun, A. (2018). Persistence in the cryptocurrency market. Research in International Business and Finance, 46, 141-148. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ribaf.2018.01.002
- Chauhan, S., Akhtar, A., & Gupta, A. (2022). Customer experience in digital banking: A review and future research directions. International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences.
- Chipere, M. (2018). Virtual currency as an inclusive monetary innovation for the unbanked poor, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 28: 37-43. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elerap.2018.01.004
- Ciaian, P., & Rajcaniova, M. (2018). Virtual relationships: Short-and long-run evidence from BitCoin and altcoin markets. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 52, 173-195. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intfin.2017.11.001
- Diyorova, M., & Komil, U. (2022). TYPES OF BANKING SYSTEM IN UZBEKISTAN. Conferencea, 462-466.
- Hicks, B. B., Lichiheb, N., O'Dell, D. L., Oetting, J., Eash, N. S., Heuer, M., & Myles, L. (2019). On surface fluxes at night–the virtual chamber approach. Biogeosciences Discussions, 1-29. https://doi.org/10.5194/bg-2019-393
- Hota, C., Upadhyaya, S., & Al-Karaki, J. N. (2015). Advances in secure knowledge management in the big data era. Information Systems Frontiers, 17(5), 983-986. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10796-015-9593-y
- Kashifi, M. and Majdi, Z. (2020). Identifying the development drivers of the central bank's digital currency project. The fourth international conference of knowledge and technology of the third millennium of Iran's economy, management and accounting. [in Persian]
- Khadiman, M., Kosha, A. & Nouri, F. (2020). Identifying the legal nature of cryptocurrencies with their structural analysis in Iran's legal system. Legal Justice 349-372. [in Persian]
- Lee, J. S., & Park, H. S. (2021). Virtual Currency in Korea; Research Trends and Future Research Implications. Journal of Internet Computing and Services, 22(4), 111-121.
- Li, X., Liu, Q., & Wu, Y. (2022). Prediction on blockchain virtual currency transaction under long short-term memory model and deep belief network. Applied Soft Computing, 116, 108349. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2021.108349
- Nie, C. X. (2022). Analysis of critical events in the correlation dynamics of cryptocurrency market. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 586, 126462. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physa.2021.126462
- Sonksen, C. (2021). Cryptocurrency Regulations in ASEAN, East Asia, & America: To Regulate or Not to Regulate. Wash. U. Global Stud. L. Rev., 20, 171.
- Terahi, A., Siahi, S. and Kohestani, M. (2019). Legal analysis of digital currency and its impact on national security. Security Studies, 2(3), 59-80. [in Persian]
- Tomanek, S., & Rirsch, R. (2022). New Aml regulation: From ‘virtual currency’to ‘crypto assets'—differentiation from tokenised financial instruments and potential concerns over the perceived end of pseudonymity in the crypto sector. Journal of Financial Compliance, 5(4), 350-358.
- Vermedal, F. H., & Wang, T. B. (2022). Evaluating prevailing Bitcoin valuation models–how do they work and how do they perform today? (Master's thesis, University of Agder).
- Whig, P., Velu, A. R. U. N., & Sharma, P. (2022). Demystifying Federated Learning for Blockchain: A Case Study. In Demystifying Federated Learning for Blockchain and Industrial Internet of Things (pp. 143-165). IGI Global. https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-6684-3733-9.ch008
- Younus, A. M., Tarazi, R., Younis, H., & Abumandil, M. (2022). The Role of Behavioural Intentions in Implementation of Bitcoin Digital Currency Factors in Terms of Usage and Acceptance in New Zealand: Cyber Security and Social Influence. ECS Transactions, 107(1), 10847. https://doi.org/10.1149/10701.10847ecst
- Zitouni, A. (2018). PLF 2018: L'Algérie veut interdire le Bitcoin et les autres crypto-monnaies. Huffington Post. Retrieved 30, 100-174.