Document Type : Original Research Manuscripts
Faculty of Management and Accounting, Qazvin Branch, Islamic Azad University, Qazvin, Iran
Faculty of Management and Economics, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
Associate Professor,Department of Industrial Engineering,Qazvin Branch,Islamic Azad University,Qazvin,Iran
This research has addressed the modeling of knowledge-based human resource management with a qualitative approach in voluntary organizations. According to the theory of resource-based perspective, human resources can be considered rare and non-repeatable assets that provide a sustainable competitive advantage to the company. The researcher is trying to answer a practical problem and in this regard, to develop practical knowledge and discover new knowledge in voluntary organizations. The method used was theme analysis in NVIVO software. The statistical population consists of experts from voluntary organizations with at least the position of deputy; over 20-year work experience; experience in voluntary activities; at least 45 years old with a doctorate degree or higher. The size of the community of experts was 10 people. The number of samples was determined using the purposive sampling technique. In this research, an 8-dimensional model with 29 indicators was identified. These 8 dimensions are supply, growth and training, motivation, maintenance, human resources infrastructure, consequences, internal environment, and external environment. These 8 criteria indicate that the creation of a suitable structure and organization of human resources causes the employees to move towards their main specialties and consequently increases the organization's productivity. Therefore, by giving importance to human resources, developing and implementing new knowledge strategies, the productivity of knowledge workers, and the use of approaches based on information technology, can improve the knowledge management of human resources.
- Al‐Hakim, L., & Hassan, S. (2013). Knowledge management strategies, innovation, and organisational performance: An empirical study of the Iraqi MTS. Journal of Advances in Management Research. https://doi.org/10.1108/09727981311327767
- Bigdali, M., Davodi, R., Kamali, N., & Entesar Fomeni, G. (2017). Identifying the dimensions and components of improving human resources in education in order to provide a conceptual model. Human resources management of Imam Hossein University, 10(2).
- Boyer, E. J. (2016). Identifying a knowledge management approach for public-private partnerships. Public Performance & Management Review, 40(1), 158-180. https://doi.org/10.1080/15309576.2016.1204928
- Chen, M. Y. C., Lam, L. W., & Zhu, J. N. (2021). Should companies invest in human resource development practices? The role of intellectual capital and organizational performance improvements. Personnel Review, 50(2), 460-477. https://doi.org/10.1108/PR-04-2019-0179
- Chen, Y. Y., Yeh, S. P., & Huang, H. L. (2012). Does knowledge management “fit” matter to business performance?. Journal of knowledge management. https://doi.org/10.1108/13673271211262745
- Damavandian, A., & Akbari, P. (2022). The mediating role of social capital in the impact of knowledge-based human resource management practices on knowledge sharing. Management and Educational Perspective, 3(4),103 -118.
- Della Torre, E. (2019). Collective voice mechanisms, HRM practices and organizational performance in Italian manufacturing firms. European Management Journal, 37(3), 398–410. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.emj.2018.09.001
- Donate, M. J., Peña, I., & Sanchez de Pablo, J. D. (2016). HRM practices for human and social capital development: Effects on innovation capabilities. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 27(9), 928–953. https://doi.org/10.1080/09585192.2015.1047393
- Farooq, M., Ullah, I., & Hameed, R. M. (2016). HR practices and organizational innovation: the mediating role of knowledge management effectiveness. Journal of Social and Development Sciences, 7(3), 50-67. https://doi.org/10.22610/jsds.v7i3.1410
- García‐Morales, V. J., Lloréns‐Montes, F. J., & Verdú‐Jover, A. J. (2008). The effects of transformational leadership on organizational performance through knowledge and innovation. British journal of management, 19(4), 299-319. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8551.2007.00547.x
- Gupta, K., Goel, S., & Bhatia, P. (2020). Intellectual Capital and Profitability: Evidence from Indian Pharmaceutical Sector. Vision (Basel), 24(2), 204–216. https://doi.org/10.1177/0972262920914108
- Kokkaew, N., Peansupap, V., & Jokkaw, N. (2022). An Empirical Examination of Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning as Mediating Variables between HRM and Sustainable Organizational Performance. Sustainability, 14(20), 13351. https://doi.org/10.3390/su142013351
- Li, R., Du, Y. F., Tang, H. J., Boadu, F., & Xue, M. (2019). MNEs’ subsidiary HRM practices and firm innovative performance: A tacit knowledge approach. Sustainability, 11(5), 1388. https://doi.org/10.3390/su11051388
- Malik, A., Pereira, V., Budhwar, P., Froese, F. J., Minbaeva, D., Sun, J., ... & Xue, S. (2022). Multilevel relational influences on HRM practices: a cross-country comparative reflective review of HRM practices in Asia. Asian Business & Management,21, 1-35. https://doi.org/10.1057/s41291-022-00208-z
- Minbaeva, D. B., Mäkelä, K., & Rabbiosi, L. (2012). Linking HRM and knowledge transfer via individual-level mechanisms. Human Resource Management,51(3), 387–405. https://doi.org/10.1002/hrm.21478
- Muir, A. M., Bernhardt, J. R., Boucher, N. W., Cvitanovic, C., Dettmers, J. M., Gaden, M., ... & Cooke, S. J. (2023). Confronting a post-pandemic new-normal—threats and opportunities to trust-based relationships in natural resource science and management. Journal of Environmental Management, 330, 117140. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2022.117140
- Naz, F., Aftab, J., & Awais, M. (2016). Impact of human resource management practices (HRM) on performance of SMEs in Multan, Pakistan. International Journal of Management. Accounting and Economics, 3(11), 699–708.
- Ngo, T., Le, D., & Doan, T. (2023). “Are your employees mentally prepared for the pandemic?” Wellbeing-oriented human resource management practices in a developing country. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 109, 103415. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2022.103415
- Nguyen, T. M., & Malik, A. (2021). Impact of knowledge sharing on employees’ service quality: The moderating role of artificial intelligence. International Marketing Review,39(3), 482–508. https://doi.org/10.1108/IMR-02-2021-0078
- Norwan, A., Siew, N., & Norazlyn, K. (2022). "Why knowledge-based human resource management matters for business service SMEs?. International Journal of Management Practice, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, 15(5), 549-585. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJMP.2022.125470
- Otoo, F. N. K. (2019). Human resource management (HRM) practices and organizational performance. Employee Relations: The International Journal, 41(5), 949–970. https://doi.org/10.1108/ER-02-2018-0053
- Rashid, M. K., Niazi, A. A. K., & Noreen, M. (2018). Impact of intellectual capital on firms’ market value and financial performance: Empirical evidence from Pakistan. NUML International Journal of Business & Management, 13(1), 22–34.
- Razaghi, N., & Lotfi Khachaki, B. (2017). Sociological analysis of the challenges of survival and sustainability of non-governmental organizations active in the field of social harms; With hope for their relationship with the government. Sociology of Social Institutions, 5 (11). [in Persian]
- Secco, M. P., Bruschi, G. J., Vieira, C. S., & Cristelo, N. (2022). Geomechanical behaviour of recycled construction and demolition waste submitted to accelerated wear. Sustainability, 14(11), 6719. https://doi.org/10.3390/su14116719
- Sekiguchi, T., Froese, F. J., & Iguchi, C. (2016). International human resource management of Japanese multinational corporations: Challenges and future directions. Asian Business & Management,15(2), 83–109. https://doi.org/10.1057/abm.2016.5
- Seyedjavadin, S., & Farahi, M. (2011). The most effective human resource management measures in successful organizations. Management researches in Iran. 16 (1): 19-37.
- Singh, S.K., Mazzucchelli, A., Vessal, S.R., & Solidoro, A. (2021). Knowledge-based HRM practices and innovation performance: Role of social capital and knowledge sharing. Journal of International Management, 27, 100830. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intman.2021.100830
- Su, Z.-X., Wright, P. M., & Ulrich, M. D. (2018). Going beyond the SHRM paradigm: Examining four approaches to governing employees. Journal of Management,44(4), 1598–1619. https://doi.org/10.1177/0149206315618011
- Suksod, P., & Cruthaka, C. (2020). The Relationship between Human Resources Practices and Organizational Performance in Pharmaceutical Industry of Thailand. Systematic Reviews in Pharmacy, 11(3), 67–76.
- Teimuri, N., Rangriz, H., Abdullahi, B., & Zinabadi, H. (2017). Prioritizing the factors affecting the recruitment of human resources and providing a suitable model based on the merit system. Human Resource Management Research, No. 10(2), pp. 207-230.
- Wright, P. M., & Ulrich, M. D. (2017). A road well traveled: The past, present, and future journey of strategic human resource management. Annual Review of Organizational Psychology and Organizational Behavior, 4, 45-65. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-orgpsych-032516-113052
- Zack, M., McKeen, J., & Singh, S. (2009). Knowledge management and organizational performance: an exploratory analysis. Journal of knowledge management, 13(6), 392-409. https://doi.org/10.1108/13673270910997088
- Zhang, B., Chen, J.-X., Tian, A. W., Tang, F., Niu, Y., & Zeng, Q. (2022). The effects of industry dynamism, firm size, and ownership on HR strategic integration in China. The International Journal of Human Resource Management,33(9), 1782–1811. https://doi.org/10.1080/09585192.2020.1783344
- Zhu, C. J., & Warner, M. (2019). The emergence of Human Resource Management in China: Convergence, divergence and contextualization. Human Resource Management Review,29(1), 87–97. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrmr.2017.11.002